Looking for family vacation ideas, especially when traveling with babies and small children? There is no better place for fun, sun and relaxation than the Outer Banks! We have got some vacation tips and tricks to help you plan your vacation and get everyone and everything in the car easier this year. If you’ve got a baby in tow though, things can get a little more complicated. But no worries, we’ve got you covered with some great tips to keep everyone in the family happy, and make sure you have everything you need for the kids in your group.
It often feels like you have to pack the whole house just to move one tiny human, much less the rest of the family! But that isn’t necessary for your family vacation on the OBX – Ocean Atlantic Rentals is here to help with these family OBX vacation tips:
What to Bring to the Beach for Baby
You want your baby to be safe and comfortable on vacation, so bring along:
- Plenty of baby-safe sunscreen – apply it often and liberally.
- Sun hats – wide brims keep the sun away.
- Swim suit with SPF protection, cover ups and rash guards – a baby’s skin is more sensitive than yours.
- Swim diapers, changes of clothing, and a resealable bag for dirty diapers.
- Floaties – safety first anywhere around water.
- Beach supplies and toys – a simple bucket and pail often keep baby quite happy.
- Snacks and water – have something that is refreshing and not too sticky, and keep them in a cooler.
- Spray bottle with water for cooling and cleaning.
- Plenty of moist towelettes!
- Favorite sleepy-time toy – set up a shady area or baby beach tent so baby can rest comfortably – or maybe everyone can go back to the house for a cool, refreshing break.
Once at the beach, dig a shallow pit about eight inches deep and line it with a sheet for an easy beach playpen. Toss in some toys, make sure it’s properly shaded and baby will have a blast.
Vacation Tips to Save your Sanity
Don’t pack the car with all the conveniences of home when you can easily rent vacation essentials to satisfy baby’s needs! No need to spend your summer vacation lugging baby gear from the car to the vacation rental and back. When planning your OBX vacation, plan to rent baby gear from Ocean Atlantic Rentals and make your packing job a breeze:
- Jogger stroller (single or double): perfect for tooling around town or on the beach
- Full-size crib (crib sheets available): better than trying to make baby sleep in a constricting car seat
- High chair or booster seat for meals
- Play yard
- Large wooden gates
- Tent – Umbrellas?
- Bike tote for toddlers
What about Mom & Dad?
There are plenty of beach essentials that you need to ensure a comfortable, relaxing and fun time on the beach. But there’s no need to purchase these items, or worry about whether or not your rental will have them when you can easily rent all the basics:
- Order up umbrella service! We deliver beach chairs and beach umbrellas and can even provide setup/takedown service.
- Gas grill – barbecuing is a must, and we’ve got the grill you need to make it the best!
Ocean Atlantic Rentals has four locations in the Outer Banks to meet all your beach needs. Pre-book now at 800-635-9559 for all your gear when beaching it with baby.