When you arrive for your OBX vacation, we deliver your gear to your beach house; the next day service begins.
Setup/Takedown Cabana Service:
- Weekly service occurs for 6 days.
- OAR staff takes your OAR chairs and umbrellas to the beach in front of your cottage (or closest beach access).
- OAR staff “sets-up” your OAR chairs and umbrellas before 9:30am, and places a name-tag on one chair with your last name & contact info for your server.
- When the equipment is set-up, a text message is sent to the lessee (optional), informing that the setup is complete.
- As required by local town ordinances, OAR staff returns to “break down” the rental OAR chairs and umbrellas between 5-7pm.
- OAR staff returns the OAR chairs and umbrellas to the storage place at your beach house. (Ocean front customers only)
- Customer (lessee) can text message OAR staff at anytime with weather concerns.
No item substitutions are available.
Where do you provide umbrella setup service?
Umbrella service (cabana service) is available for all ocean front homes, condos, and motels from Corolla to South Nags Head.
We do not provide umbrella setup service for non-oceanfront homes.
At this time we do not provide umbrella setup service in the areas of Buxton, Frisco or Hatteras Village.
On the northern OBX, this service is not available in the 4×4 areas of Carova, Swan Beach & other “off-road only” areas.
What time is my gear delivered?
Gear is delivered between noon and 8pm on the day of arrival.
Can I use the beach equipment on my own, before or after setup hours?
Yes, under most circumstances this is not a problem. Please text your OAR umbrella installer to make the proper arrangements.
Is this service only available for oceanfront homes?
Non-oceanfront homes require additional labor and we are not able to accommodate these requests this summer (2020).
What dates can we get umbrella setup service as part of our vacation?
Our umbrella / cabana setup service is available May 1st through October 15th.