*We reserve e-bikes for 5 day rentals only. Electric bikes will be delivered separately from the remainder of your order.*
Electric Bicycle Rental Policies:
- Electric bikes are for use on paved surfaces only. Beach riding is prohibited by law on the Outer Banks, at any time! Use of e-bikes on beaches will immediately terminate rental agreement with no refund for unused time. A damage/cleaning charge will be applied for bikes ridden on or through sand/saltwater.
- All riders must be 16 years old to ride an e-bike, and be accompanied by an adult. Helmets and Locks are provided with all rentals; helmets are required by law. A signed waiver is required for all rentals.
- We reserve e-bikes for 5 day rentals only*. We deliver your e-bikes on Monday from 9AM-12 Noon, and pickup your e-bikes on Friday from 3-6PM. (*Electric bikes will be delivered separately from the remainder of your order.)
RADCITY E-BIKES KEY FEATURES
The RadCity is the comfortable, feature-rich, and reliable electric commuter bike that will help you enjoy the Outer Banks in style!
STEP THRU (UNISEX) FRAME SIZE 14″
Recommended Rider Heights: 4’10” – 6′
RADCITY (MENS) FRAME SIZE 19″
Recommended Rider Heights: 6′ – 6’6″
Per Charge (estimate)
Direct Drive Hub Motor
48V 14 Ah
- Rad Power Bikes by Kenda K-Rad 26″ x 2.3″ Tires, K-Shield Puncture-Resistant Liner
- Integrated headlight and tail light with brake light functionality
- Half twist throttle and intelligent 5 level pedal assist
- Regenerative braking
- Full LCD display including speedometer, wattmeter, and odometer
- Front suspension fork with rebound adjustment and lockout, 80 mm of travel
- 7-speed Shimano Altus drivetrain
- 180 mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes
- Total payload capacity: 275 lb
- Integrated rear rack capacity: 60 lb
- Bike Weight: 63 lb
48V and 14 Ah of Pure, Clean Power
The single most important component on any ebike is its battery. If you can’t trust the juice flowing through its veins, your ebike is better off sitting in the garage than taking you on your next adventure.
A high-capacity battery like this isn’t something you cheap out on. Our bikes use genuine Samsung 35E cells, which are some of the most energy-dense and reliable lithium-ion cells on the market today. These cells have allowed us to build an overall better battery, and at only 7.7 lb, it’s one of the lightest and most energy-dense packs on any electric bike.
Per Charge (estimate)
To Fully Charge
Reliable, Smooth, Maintenance-Free
Since the beginning, we’ve been huge fans of hub motors for their performance, ease of use, and versatility. The 750W Shengyi Direct Drive Hub Motor is the perfect companion for the RadCity Step-Thru and makes this bike the ideal choice for urban environments.
Using a brushless direct drive hub motor allows the RadCity Step-Thru to have regenerative braking enabled as a standard feature. This allows the user to slow down when traveling downhill or coming to a stop and charging the battery in the process. Regenerative braking is automatically activated anytime you engage the brake levers, meaning you can take advantage of this amazing feature without having to do anything extra.
Ebikes should be fun, reliable, and most importantly, safe. We make safety a top priority in every product we make, which includes investing in the best components and features to make sure your bike takes as good of care of you as you do of it.
All the information you need at the tips of your fingers.
The Rad Power Bikes LCD display provides you with all the information you need when out on a ride. It’s securely mounted directly to the handlebars and the display angle can be adjusted to accommodate different sized riders.
Full speed ahead with the large speed display, can be set to current speed, max speed, or average speed.
Pedal Assist Level
Indicates the pedal assist level. The higher the number the more the motor will boost you when you pedal.
A fuel gauge for your electrons.
See how far you go on your next epic adventure.
Charge your phone or portable electronics on the go with the provided USB port.
A handy power meter to show you how much electricity you are using at any given time.
Calculate how many miles you didn’t drive on the OBX!
We reserve e-bikes for 5 Day rentals only. We deliver your e-bikes on Monday from 9 AM – 12 Noon, and pickup your e-bikes on Friday from 3 – 6 PM.